1. Guard your sleep- Let your body fully rest. Keep your cell phones away from your bed. Turn your cell phone on Airplane Mode if you use it as an alarm clock, so it stops emitting or receiving radiation.
2. Keep cordless phones (which are mostly DECT) away from night stands
3. Keep wi-fi routers situated away from bedrooms, and turn them off at night if not needed or just use a timer to turn off automatically every night.
NURSERY / KIDS ROOMS
- Keep baby monitors away - these should be at least 1 meter away from crib
- Avoid using smart devices on/around the baby if possible -- early childhood is a vulnerable period with rapid cell development when EMF can cause disturbance. Learn more here.
- Keep wi-fi routers situated away from bedrooms. Turn them off at night if not needed or just use a timer to turn off automatically every night.
Kids should use devices safely - Put devices on Airplane Mode if wireless is not needed. Teach them to place the device on a surface, and not on their laps directly on their bodies. (This way, their necks/backs won’t strain either.) Avoid wireless activated toys and smart toys (for privacy reasons too). Consider covering young babies or toddlers' heads with anti-radiation shielding hats while around or using electronics.
- Smart meters - These replacements of the analog/digital meter are constantly emitting and receiving information. Ensure the bedrooms and rooms commonly used are not near the smart meter. Switch back to analog/digital by contacting your local utilities company.
- Wi-fi router - Put on timer to turn off at night when not in use.
- Get a landline - This can also be an emergency line for your family members but remember, if you use one, choose a corded instead of cordless phone, which emits cell phone-like radiation.
Smart technologies - These make our lives easier but the downside is inundating your house with more EMF exposure when you have many wireless devices operating 24/7 all around where you sleep and play.
- Security systems - opt for non-wireless if possible
- Smart watch - Weigh the risks of having a device attached to you at all times
- Wearable fitness devices - Consider whether these are essential for you
- Smart TV - use the ethernet cord from the modem, or disconnect fully from wi-fi or fully turn off when not in use. (Also good for privacy reasons.)