Wireless technology is everywhere and we’ve become more and more dependent on using it in our daily lives. By following a few simple tips, you can greatly decrease your exposure every day. Simple changes allow you and your family to use technology in a healthier way.
1. DISTANCE - More distance is better -- EMF intensity reduces exponentially the farther you move away from the source. So keeping devices at bay is better than keeping it on your body.
2. REDUCE TIME - Reduce during times of highest/longest exposure (while working on laptop for long durations) or more vulnerable periods (pregnancy, early childhood, compromised health
3. LIFESTYLE HABITS - Build healthy habits into everyday life, and start kids early! Kids are more vulnerable, still developing and will have more years of EMF exposure, so start them early on good habits!
4. FIND BALANCE - Weigh the pros and cons -- technology is a big part of all of our lives. Some are nice-to-haves (a cool wearable device so you can see digital pics on your wrist) vs. a real must-have (like devices for monitoring important health indicators). Strike a healthy balance so you use what’s needed and give your body (and mind) a break whenever you can.
1. Guard your sleep- Let your body fully rest. Keep your cell phones away from your bed. Turn your cell phone on Airplane Mode if you use it as an alarm clock, so it stops emitting or receiving radiation.
2. Keep cordless phones (which are mostly DECT) away from night stands
3. Keep wi-fi routers situated away from bedrooms, and turn them off at night if not needed or just use a timer to turn off automatically every night.
NURSERY / KIDS ROOMS